Recognizing we live and work in an evolving global community, our mission is to empower students to:
- explore and understand their unique selves
- engage in meaningful experiences with reflection
- design and accomplish their ongoing career goals
To connect learning to career and life.
We believe in educating our students and ourselves in order to be lifelong
learners. We learn continuously through participating in and reflecting on
diverse experiences in and out of the classroom.
We meet students where they are at and strive to intentionally create access to
opportunities, resources, and support for all students’ career development.
We place students at the forefront of everything we do and empower students
to discover and take action on their ideas.
We engage with internal and external partners to help foster mutual
collaboration related to career development. Our work is more valuable with
diverse ideas and perspectives.
We understand our work is driven by meaningful relationships. We create
connections between our stakeholders, information, and opportunities.
For all students to:
- Explore how their interests, skills, values, strengths, and identities impact their educational and career roadmap.
- Engage in meaningful experiences to shape students' roadmap.
- Design their roadmap and ways to demonstrate their knowledge, skills, and abilities to employers and/or graduate or professional schools.
Our office and the UMD campus reside on the traditional, ancestral, & contemporary lands of Ojibwe, Dakota, Northern Cheyenne, & other Native people.