Career and Internship Services offers a free review service for current UMD students and alumni. If you would like assistance with polishing your document(s) please follow the instructions on this page. Before submitting your document(s), review the guidelines for writing resumes, CVs, cover letters, personal statements, and diversity statements.
In-Person Review Options
- Meet with a career counselor. Email [email protected] or stop by SCC 22 to set up your appointment. (All document types)
- Attend Drop-ins for a quick review of your resume, cover letter, or CV with a career counselor. Tuesdays & Wednesdays when classes are in session, 12-2 PM, in SCC 22.
Virtual Review Options
Personal Statements & Diversity Statements
- To get started, check out our free online resource: Preparing & Applying for Graduate & Professional School
- Meet with a career counselor at any stage of the process to help you get started, develop a first draft, all the way to your final version. Email [email protected] or stop by SCC 22 to set up your appointment.
- Submit your document(s) through our Review Request Form linked on this page.
Review Options for Alumni
- If you are an alum and use your UMD email, submit your document(s) through the Review Request Form.
- If you are an alum not currently using your UMD email, please email your document(s) directly to [email protected], mention you are an alum, along with any questions & concerns, and it will be forwarded for review.
- Meet with a career counselor. Email [email protected] to set up your appointment. (All document types)