UMD virtual career fairs take place on Handshake. Use your student login to search, register, and attend fairs.
Step 1: Register for Career Fairs
- Log in using the Handshake Students & Alumni button. Use your MyU Internet ID and password to enter.
- From the homepage, select the EVENTS tab. Filter by CAREER FAIR and click on the fair for details. Register (purple button) or Bookmark (grey button) the fair.
- Pro Tip: Student registration is open if you see a purple oval REGISTER button.
Step 2: Update your Profile
Complete your profile to register for more employer 1:1 sessions.
Under MY PROFILE edit the following 2 sections for the most access to employers. Step-by-step instructions.
- Under the Education section:
- College (change to: University of Minnesota - Duluth)
- Graduation date (called time period)
- Major (select your UMD major)
- GPA (employers can filter on cumulative GPA)
- Under the Name & Photo section:
- School Year (first year, sophomore, junior, senior, etc.)
- Preferred Name (optional)
Step 3: Sign up for Sessions
- Employer session types:
- 1:1 Session:
A 1:1 conversation between one student and one recruiter for 10 minutes max.
- Group Session:
A presentation with Q&A by one or more recruiters to 1- 50 students for 30 minutes max.
- Pro Tip 1: To sign up for sessions, you must have updated your profile and have your profile visible to employers.
- Pro Tip 2: Can't see an employer's sessions? Follow the employer (star button) to receive a notification when their sessions become available.
- 1:1 Session:
- How to sign up for sessions:
Step 4: Upload a Resume
- Stand out to employers and upload your resume to you profile!